Not a very long ago, people resorted to camcorders for shooting videos. But only within the last few years, the picture has changed drastically and a large number of vloggers and movie makers are turning to DSLR cameras to get their job done.
With increasing number of DSLR cameras starting to have filming options, the era of professional film cameras is nearly coming to an end. The reason behind this shift is that, when the video quality offered by a DSLR camera is at par, if not better sometimes, than the professional cameras, then a DSLR camera is always a better choice to opt for. This is because besides videos, they can be used to capture great stills and are also much easier to carry. Thus DSLR videography is becoming popular day by day.
TOP DSLR CAMERAS FOR FILMING AND VIDEOGRAPHY:
• CANON EOS 6D MARK II – This is considered to be the lightest in the EOS full-frame DSLR line up. The EOS 6D MARK II is a powerful and compact full-frame DSLR camera, that promises to produce next level images and videos.
• NIKON D 3300 – Nikon D 3300 is not just a camera which is good for making videos but is also one of the best DSLR cameras in the market, which is preferred by most professional photographers.
• Canon EOS 80D – The Canon EOS 80D is one of the best DSLR cameras out there, for making videos. Apart from all the specialised features, what most people like about this camera is it’s ability to make great videos even in low light conditions.
• SONY A77 II – This one from Sony comes with something called the 4D focus, which is basically Sony’s new technology that helps good quality autofocus for getting rid of those disruptions which we get while making videos. Sony has, in fact, incorporated all of it’s video making goodness in this model.
ADVANTAGES OF USING DSLR CAMERAS FOR VIDEO MAKING :
Most of the modern DSLR cameras are perfectly able to record good quality videos. Since most of us already know how to use DSLR camera, it becomes easy to shoot a video on DSLR. Some of the conspicuous advantages of using a DSLR camera for video shooing are –
• Big Sensor – The sensor in a DSLR camera is naturally much larger than the small light sensors in the traditional video cameras. The bigger sensor results in much sharper and detailed images.
• Portability -When loaded with a big lens and battery pack, DSLRs also get heavy but on the whole, they are much smaller and lighter than equivalent video cameras.
• Interchangeable Lens – There are a wide variety of lens available in the market and many of them are quite affordable. This means, for a DSLR camera, we can select the right one from a wide range (both feature-wise and price-wise), to pick the right one for the job.
• Workarounds and accessories – In order to make filmmaking with DSLR easy, there is a constant effort of the film enthusiasts and manufacturers. There are softwares like Histogram, Zebra, etc as well as hardwares like Mounts, Tripods, Steadicam, Microphones, etc. This constant innovation makes shooting with DSLR, a pleasure.
CONCLUSION – Modern DSLR cameras are perfectly equipped to shoot good quality videos and are perfect for those who want to take their filmmaking skills up a notch, without breaking the bank.